This position is primarily responsible for ensuring delivery of superior quality service while adhering to corporate, regulatory, and audit guidelines; providing timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough proper handling of all monies assigned; and proactively participating in the referral process while using the “Selling is Telling” philosophy by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Performs within company standards, including but not limited to member survey results, balancing performance, meeting cross-sales and referral goals and transaction-volume.
- Maintains a positive, professional attitude and a pleasant tone while dealing with members and co-workers.
- Meets or exceeds minimum Quarterly Score Assessment percentages regarding quality standards.
- Takes ownership of member requests and questions following up for resolution as a training opportunity.
- Maintains control of member transactions to ensure the transactions are completed accurately and efficiently with minimal wait time with the use of a transaction for every transaction.
- Reviews staff intranet for updated policy and procedure, forms, and communications suggesting changes to enhance service to members, being especially familiar with the Teller Page.
- Remains current on policies, procedures, systems and services that are offered to provide efficient member service.
- Operates under and enforces credit union policies and guidelines.
- Cross-sells credit union services and products to strengthen member relations with Summit Credit Union in order to achieve and maintains minimum monthly referral goals.
- Maintains a working knowledge of work tools and systems.
- Maintains a neat, well organized and stocked station.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to branch manager to communicate to Information Technology (IT).
- Assists with special projects when requested.
- Refers members to other branch personnel as needed.
- Performs the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifies cash, endorsements, IDs and signatures.
- Cashes checks within limits and obtains further authorization when necessary.
- Issues money orders, cashier checks, and redeems savings bonds.
- Prepares individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports as necessary.
- Performs more complex transactions (with assistance as necessary).
- Handles proportionate volume of work based on branch demands.
Provides professional member service, which includes but is not limited to:
- performs accurate transactions
- greets the member, smiles, using the members’ name during the transaction
- thanking each member for his or her business
- offering a product or service that would help their financial well being.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Member Service - Manages difficult or emotional member situations; responds promptly to member needs; solicits member feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meeting.
Organization – Ability to organize and prioritize.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the trust of members.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and member service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and members.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include various nights, weekends and holidays.
- May require some travel on an as needed basis.
- Has a working knowledge of other credit union departmental operations including, lending, Mortgage, Marketing Department, Accounting, Information Systems and Card Services.
- Must have an aptitude for meeting people, developing member confidence, and trust in our credit union.
- Must be able to handle large amounts of cash with speed and accuracy.
- Must be able to present services in a knowledgeable manner.
- Proven proficient teller skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.