This position is primarily responsible for providing support at the level of Member Services and for assisting both the Member Service Officer and the Call Center Staff in handling all members requests and inquires related to credit union services and products by performing the following duties. This position is also required to back up the teller line as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs within company standards, including, but not limited to: member’s survey results, transaction volume, cross sell referrals and balancing performance.
- Fast and accurately processes new account and loan requests.
- Opens and explains accounts using clearly defined guidelines.
- Takes and processes loan applications using the “Selling is Telling” in order to provide the best solution for the individual member.
- Completes adverse action form when accounts/services cannot be provided
- Orders checks and Visa debit cards or produces in the office when necessary.
- Understands Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) in order to open and perform minor transactions.
- Assists the calls center and oversees member service responsibilities.
- Logs into call center regularly to minimize the wait queue during peak need in order to meet goals set forth by management.
- Maintains positive, friendly attitude while controlling the conversation.
- Provides fast, accurate information.
- Assists the Member Service Call Center at the direction of the Branch Manager and maintains control of conversation to ensure member satisfaction and company performance measures are achieved.
- Assists in the teller area as needed.
- Assists the Branch Manager and maintains a working knowledge of loan processes and procedures.
- Researches member accounts and provides follow up for resolution.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Assists members with questions, problems and issues in person and via telephone or in person.
- Responds to, and initiates member inquiries/requests by telephone, mail, and in person in an efficient and timely manner ensuring member satisfaction and retention.
- Answers telephone calls in a call center environment and assists callers with services and sales information.
- Analyzes and resolves problem situations or offers other options.
- Accepts loan applications, retrieves loan requests and closes with the proper documentation.
- Researches member requests for information.
- Performs outbound calling as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Member Service - Manages difficult or emotional member situations; responds promptly to member needs; solicits member feedback to improve service.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Database Software (Access); Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Contract Management Systems; Design Software; Human Resource Systems; Inventory Software; Order Processing Systems; Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint); and Lending Platform.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- National Mortgage Licensing System.
- Successfully register for Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act to obtain NMLS. Identification number.
- NIPR Licensing in NC.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the trust of members.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and member service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problem
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and members.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include various nights, weekends and holidays.
- May require some travel on an as needed basis.
- College Degree or financial background preferred.
- At least one-year financial call center experience or similar experience in a member service position.
- Proven proficient teller skills.
- Must be able to effectively assist co-worker with new policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Aptitude for cross-selling services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.